BACK TO HOME - ETHNIC AND MUCH MORE


"It's about colors, not outside but inside you.."
This is not what I say but follow too! Your eyes and your clothes will always reflect your inner happiness. Not saying if you wear simple clothes you are a sad person, just saying if you wear something simple but look beautiful in it, that's because it's reflecting who you are today!
All my life, I have been an ethnic enthusiast. I drool over everything that our traditional wear has, be it the suit, saare or fusions. The colors, the trends, the patterns, they are like rhythms to my plain outfits, they bring versatility straight into my wardrobe. There is something about the Indian wear that takes our sight, our one heartbeat, maybe the shine, maybe the glamour or maybe the simplicity hiding behind the 'gher' of our lenghas!
Have you ever wondered why a girl who has the most chic western outifts in her wardrobe goes to her cousin's wedding in the heaviest traditional lengha? I'll tell you why - People with literal plain taste in western wear usually go with a zari, brocade, heavily embroidered ethnic because they see their originality, their taste of excitement in it! I say go ahead, wear the "heavy-can't-see-around-look" all over your body, I say explore!
Also, for all the people who fear they would look weird without makeup and some glow-up, let that fear dissolve in the glam up of your clothes.
And for the people who are Afraid of monochromes, you should be! Because they don't work for everyone, but it’s ok, sometimes to not think and let the flaws be open to everyone. If people see my beauty then here I am, see my flaws too! Presenting some must haves of the seasons which went on to forever! Printed skirt and colorful tassel earrings.



I bought this petal-peach color, Kalamkari elephant skirt from a South Indian exhibition. I paired it up with a full-hand black top with gold neck detailing. I was unsure about the front downfall pattern of the top but that actually took the whole look to level 2! Sometimes you don't actually know what would pair up well until you wear it! This combination was one of them.



What I liked the most in this look is how the tassel earnings perfectly got in the blend of the outfit, neither heavy nor too subtle and how well the payal (Anklet) worked for me!



That is my sister-in-law's wedding day true silver payal which has the most authentic look with colorful flower design and adornment of bells. I finally decided to wear this accessory with the long skirt. With minimal makeup and a neat bun, I think I carried the look well -

I think people of my generation have completely filled their minds with thoughts of traditional wear not being modern, with colors being too gaudy and shades of white, peach, dull grey being high standards! But what you don't understand is, the quintessence which we have got in our outfits is something no one can ever steal but only desire. The essence of a brown skin with one radiant highlighter and a set of customary dress is beyond any compare…

Photography credits - Anisha Nair

ā¤¨ā¤Žā¤¸्ā¤¤े

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts